Product update: Cova live menu integration makes inventory management easier
By WM Communications Team
For cannabis retailers, making sure inventories are up-to-date and available at the time of sale is crucial in building loyalty with customers and boosting fulfillment rates. Weedmaps has partnered with Cova to automatically sync inventories and menus to help provide customers with a seamless shopping experience.
For Weedmaps clients using Cova’s point-of-sale (POS), here’s what the new live menu integration provides:
- Super accurate inventory
- More ways for retailers to manage their menus
- More time for retailers to dedicate to their customers
- Less time spent duplicating menu data
“Our mission is to make the complex simple for cannabis retailers. This robust integration will help our customers eliminate manual work and human error,” said Gary Cohen, CEO of Cova Software. “Our customers can count on Cova and Weedmaps to sync in real time and display accurate inventory and prices, ensuring a smoother shopping experience for their customers. It’s becoming a hyper-competitive market, and we’re excited to help our retailers compete by expanding their sales channels.”
The live menu integration automatically updates Weedmaps menus with the latest Cova POS data, cutting out the need to manually change menu offerings and helping to ensure the most up-to-date product availability. For clients migrating from catalog API to menu crawler, the integration still allows them to manually update their Weedmaps menu from either their Cova POS or the Weedmaps admin panel when items are out-of-sync, all without overriding the work they’ve already done.
The integration enables automatic improvements to the accuracy and quality of menus over time. Here’s how:
- Weedmaps checks the client’s POS menu every few minutes and determines whether updates to the Weedmaps menu are required.
- When adding new products to the Cova POS system, Weedmaps automatically creates those product items on the Weedmaps menu.
- Similarly, new information on an existing menu item is automatically updated on the POS, such as new product descriptions or inventory.
Weedmaps clients can enjoy peace of mind knowing the process of updating your menu items is automated through a sync, so you don’t have to take any action. Additionally, they have around-the-clock support with Weedmaps and Cova monitoring the integration to identify and resolve issues and outages.
If you are a Weedmaps and Cova client interested in this integration, contact email@example.com and a team member will contact you.