Weedmaps in the News: April 2022 Recap
By WM Communications Team
April is always an exciting month in the cannabis industry, and that was no different this year for Weedmaps. Our presence for the 420 holiday included the premier of our docuseries Tumbleweeds with Killer Mike premiering on VICE, as well as CEO Chris Beals’ inclusion in High Times magazine's Top 100 cannabis influencers for 2021. See below for where Weedmaps was in April.
- ‘The single biggest issue facing’ cannabis markets, according to Weedmaps CEO (April 1, 2022 - Yahoo! Finance) - April started off strong with Chris Beals appearing on a live broadcast with Yahoo! Finance reporter Julie Hyman.
- Plant Prophets podcast feat. WM Technology CEO, Chris Beals (April 6, 2022 - Cannabis Radio) - Plant Prophets host Vern Davis spoke to Chris about the company going public in 2021, Weedmaps focus on “work from anywhere” for its employees, and what’s changing in the cannabis industry in 2022.
- Five-Star Service: Retail and SEO veterans say it’s important to respond to online reviews -- and learn from them (April 2022 edition - MJBiz Magazine) - Weedmaps COO/CMO Juanjo Feijoo was quoted on page 48 of April issue of MJBiz Magazine talking about the 2021 Cannabis in America report, as well as the importance of reviews to shoppers on the Weedmaps app.
- Fire Up Those Vape Pens: Following A Two-Year Hiatus, 4/20 Is Back With A Bang (April 13, 2022 - Forbes) - Freelance writer Joan Oleck also spoke to Juanjo in April, around the topic of 420 returning in light of subsiding COVID-19 cases. The article references Weedmaps’ sponsored Hippie Hill, as well as the VICE-distributed Weedmaps docuseries, Tumbleweeds with Killer Mike.
- The High Times 100 of 2021 (April 13, 2022 - High Times) - Weedmaps CEO Chris Beals was named to High Times magazine Top 100 influential people in the cannabis industry for 2021.
- Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference (April 20-21 - Miami, FL) - Two members of the Weedmaps Investor Relations team, Tim O’Shea and Greg Stolowitz, participated in the annual cannabis investor-focused conference. At the conference, Tim was joined on stage by JJ McKay, founder of The Fresh Toast, as they discussed what Weedmaps does, and its long history in the cannabis space.
- The Playbook podcast with David Meltzer (April 20) - In this brief but impactful interview, Chris spoke to host, author and entrepreneur David Meltzer about going public, the Tumbleweeds with Killer Mike docuseries, and the evolution of cannabis culture in the U.S.
- Wharton Business Daily live feat. Chris Beals (April 20) - On April 20, Chris Beals joined Dan Loney live on the Wharton Business Daily show to talk cannabis legislation, licensing, the SAFE banking act, and more.